Cleansing is such an important part of your skincare routine, It needs to be done every morning & night, why, you ask?
Keeping your skin clean is essential for healthy, glowing skin. Throughout the day, your skin comes into contact with various things that can leave dirt and impurities on your skin, causing clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, acne, and inflamed skin. Cleansing your skin helps remove the build-up of dirt and impurities, preventing breakouts and promoting clear skin.
When you don’t cleanse your skin properly, the serums and moisturizers you apply afterward won’t be able to penetrate your skin effectively. That’s why it’s crucial to start your skincare routine with a gentle cleanser that suits your skin type. By cleansing your skin daily, you can remove impurities, unclog pores, and help your skin absorb other skincare products more effectively.
Why do I need to do it again in the morning?
It is just as important to do this in the morning. Don’t think that because you have clean skin going to bed that it’s ok in the morning.
Our skin repairs as we sleep. In the morning we need to remove the products we have applied the night before. Bacteria can build up on our bedclothes & our skin is lying on this for 6-8 hours every night. Remember to change your pillowcase regularly. It can be a good to invest in a skin friendly pillowcase especially if you suffer with reactive or breakout issues.
So, if you want healthy, glowing skin, make sure to prioritize cleansing your skin daily. It’s the first step towards achieving the clear, radiant complexion you’ve always wanted.
Here are some of our expert tips for getting you into a good, sustainable cleansing routine:
- Start by using a pre-cleanser (we covered this in a previous post).
- Make sure you are using the correct cleanser for your skin type & skin concern. If you are not sure of this, we would love to help you out. Book a consultation here
- If using a lotion, you can apply this to dry skin, or if it’s a gel cleanser, apply it to damp skin.
- Work your cleanser in circular motions, not forgetting your neck, sides of nose, and chin.
- Remove with a fresh clean facecloth or cotton discs if you prefer.
- Make sure you have removed all the product before continuing to the next step.
- Do this morning and evening, always using a fresh, clean facecloth. It is really important not to reuse a cloth you have used that has been left sitting & is gathering bacteria throughout the day.